Select Page

Healthy snack options

Naturally Recovering Autism Forums AMM Forum Recipes Healthy snack options

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Karen Thomas
    Keymaster

Serenity foods has some healthy snack options and some are crunchy, grain free puffs. They have cassava in them but a little is ok. Their site is at, NaturallyRecoveringAutism.com/food.

Sonni Koster
    Participant

Hi there! I was going to ask because I found a few grain free options as well puffs and sort that didn’t have any of the bad ingredients. Is tapioca flour/starch and/or cassava flour okay? The brands are lesser evil and siete grain free chips?

Karen Thomas
    Keymaster

Tapioca flour, and potato flour are not good ingredients. Cassava is ok, and some will say the tapioca flour is from cassava which is better. Tapioca alone is too much starch.

Here’s an explanation for that:

Are tapioca flour and cassava flour the same?

Both products are made from cassava root, but cassava flour incorporates the whole root, whereas tapioca flour is made up of only the starchy part of the plant. In most recipes, cassava flour can be swapped evenly for tapioca, but the fiber content gives it slightly more thickening power.

Grain free is important.

Sonni Koster
    Participant

Hi Karen,

I know I asked a question already for this but also wanted to make sure. For some grain free recipes I see almond flour and/or coconut flour mixed with tapioca flour or arrow root flour or cassava flour. Are any of those okay to use in conjunction or not at all? Trying to find recipes. Thanks so much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.